The Tumblr Guide to Healthy Living
a compilation of resources to help you eat right, exercise, and be happy!
How to Start a Healthier Lifestyle
Eating Clean Principles
Your Flat Belly Day 1 meal plan by Women’s Health Magazine
Your Flat Belly Day 2 meal plan by Women’s Health Magazine
Your Flat Belly Day 2 Meal Plan by Women’s Health Magazine
Eating Low Carb
What is Paleo
Portion Size Guide
Get lean grocery list
80 Healthiest Foods
100 Foods that Dr.Oz wants on your Shopping List
Tips to Snack Better
10-Calorie Sweet and Crunch Snacks
Why Eat Raw Foods?
10 Commandments of Dieting
Tips for Staying Healthy in School
The Happier way to Diet Menu
Food that makes You Prettier
Look Better Naked One Week Meal Plan Part 1
Look Better Naked One Week Meal Plan Part 2
The Best New Superfoods
12 Best Foods for your Abs
Clear Skin Diet
Foods that Melt Flab Away
Raw Food for the Rest of Us
5 Ingredient Eating Clean Recipes
Herbs that Heal
What to Eat When You’re Craving…
Eating Clean vs. Junk examples
Transition to Healthy Living
Eating Clean Video
Eating Clean Recipes
Healthy Meal Ideas for Breakfast, Lunch & DinnerBefore and After Workout Snack Ideas
Super 8-Step Salad Wraps
Not-Quite-Unnecessary Raving about Broccoli Slaw
Foods that Cause Bloating
Eat Breakfast, Here’s Why
Making Conscious Health Choices: Who Decides?
Not eating enough…but not hungry either?
Sunshine Oatmeal Recipe
Oatmeal from The Pea Pod
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie-In-A-Bowl
An Overwhelming Amount of Oatmeal Recipes
Starbucks Drinks Under 200 Calories
Healthy Dessert Blog
Grapefruit & Strawberry Popsicles (make them without alcohol)
Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwiches
Frozen Yogurt Blackberries
Skinny Coconut Cupcake
Nutella Fudge Pops
Banana Split Cheesecake Bites
Frozen Fruit Pops
Healthy Banana Almond Chocolate Ice Cream
Banana Split Cheesecake Bites
Fruit Ice Cubes
Banana Ice Cream
Frozen Yogurt Strawberries
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream
More Frozen Banana Bites
Raw Tropical Ice Cream
Cucumber Melon Popsicles
Chocolate Covered Bananas
Apple Peanut Butter Slices
Frozen Banana Popsicles
Banana Berry Soft Serve
Volume Ice Cream
Free Vegetarian Starter Kit by Peta
Making the Transition
Recipes by Peta
Shopping guide by Peta
Easy Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers with Avocado
How to Determine Your Ideal Weight
How to Overcome A Plateau
Beat a Weight Loss Plateau
Why You Aren’t Losing Weight
How to Burn Fat Fastest
5 Metabolism Boosters
How to Conquer Cravings
20 Secrets of Very Fit People
Fighting Belly Fat
How Do I Lose Weight
Thinking of Giving Up?
The 2 Minute Visualization
How to Keep Yourself Full for Longer
Lose Weight without Dieting
Flat Tummy Tips
Commit to Fit
10 Ways to Get Your Diet Back On Track
Constructing A Plan
Lift Weights to Help You Lose Weight
How to Start Running [Couch to 5k]
How to Tone Any Area of Your Body
Building Lean Muscle vs. Bulky Muscle
But I Don’t Want to Get Bulky!
Abdominal Exercises for Beginners
Running for Weight Loss
Gym Cheat Sheet
The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Interval Training
Archive of Online Work Outs
Top 30 Free YouTube Work Out Channels
100 Best Workout Songs
Insanity Workout Videos and Calender
Tone Every Inch
Top 10 Calorie Burning Cardio
More Links to Online Workouts
Victoria Secret Angel’s Workouts
30 Day Shred Printable Chart and Videos
BodyRock inspired Workouts
Yoga: The Basics and How to Get Started
77 Reasons To Do Yoga
YouTube Yoga for Beginners
YouTube Yoga Routine
YouTube by Body Part
Bye Bye Arm Jiggle
The Workout MovesLunge 101
Lean Thighs - No Lunges
Yes, You Can Yoga!
10 Ways to be Happy
How to be Confident
Gandhi’s Top 10 Fundamentals
3 Simple Rules in Life
Zen Flow Chart
You Don’t Have to Be a Size 0 to Be Beautiful
More beautiful girls
Battling Eating Disorders
The Minnesota Starvation Study
Why Starving Seems to Work
Stop the ED Hate
How Bulimia Affects Your Body
“The Binge” and Why You Should Eat When You’re Hungry
What to do After a Binge by MatchStickMolly
What is Intuitive Eating?
After a Binge
Tips to Control Binging
Help with Eating Disorders
National Eating Disorders
Dealing with Eating Disorders
National Center for Eating Disorders UK
people that have changed their lives and have lost a ton of weight!
and some more
130 lbs Lost!
a tumblr dedicated to before and afters
Toss shredded chicken with pineapple, orange segments, green onions, and almonds. Dress with mayonnaise and lime juice and eat with tortilla chips. OR substitute mango for the oranges and add toasted coconut
Combine rice with apple, cheddar, and ham. Drizzle with cider vinegar and olive oil. OR Trade the cheddar for blue cheese and toasted walnut
Leftover Green Beans:
Toss beans with bacon, corn, cherry tomatoes and ranch dressing. OR Swap corn for chopped hard boiled egg and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil instead of ranch.
ahappyhousewife asked: Hi!! I can't wait to see what else you have to talk/blog about! I may not consider be in a slave/master relationship but I sure do feel like a slave haha!! Housewife with two spawnlings. Anyways great little blog you got :) -HH
Thanks so much! I know how you feel. Dealing with little ones can be rough on anyone! If there is anything you’d like to see just let me know!
If you are like me then you are guilty of falling back on simple traditional favorites when you run out of new ideas. Spaghetti is the tried and true of the pasta world. But lets face it, unless your dom/husband/boyfriend (or domme/wife/girlfriend) particularly loves it, aren’t we a little to old for spaghetti. So here are a few new pasta ideas that are just as easy (and take just as little time) as spaghetti. Not a single one of these takes more than 30 minutes to make.
Bucatini with Shrimp and Spicy Cherry Tomato Pan Sauce
* 3/4 lb bucatini or other fat free spaghetti noodle (or regular spaghetti noodles)
* 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
* 2 clove garlic
* 2 pints cherry tomatoes (red or yellow or both)
* 3/4 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
* Generous pinch crushed red pepper
* 6 oz aged feta cheese
* Handful basil, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
1) Bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid for use in sauce.
2) Meanwhile in a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes soften and juices begin to bubble (about 3 minutes). If tomatoes don’t give out a lot of juice add 1 tbs water and a splash (about 1/2 tsp) red wine vinegar for acidity. Add shrimp and a large punch of crushed red pepper, toss until shrimp are cooked through (about 2 minutes).
3) Add pasta with reserved cooking liquid. Toss together over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in feta and basil. Toss with tongs adding up to 1 tbs more oil and additional feta to taste.
Orecchiette with Ricotta and Chard Pan Sauce:
* 1 large bunch swiss chard
* 3/4 lb dried orecchiette (or any other bite sized pasta)
* 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
* 2 tbs butter
* crushed red pepper
* 2 oz grated ricotta salata, asiago, or pecorino cheese
* 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
* Sea salt, cracked black pepper, nutmeg
1) Bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil. Separate chard stems from leaves. Cut both into bite sized pieces. Add orcchiette to water. Set timer for 10 minutes.
2) Meanwhile in large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add chard stems and cook 2-5 minutes until crisp-tender.
3) After 10 minutes add chard leaves to pasta, cook 2 more minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta and chard to pot, place over lowest heat setting. Add chard steams and any residual oil to pasta along with butter, crushed red pepper, and cooking liquid. Grate in ricotta salata (or other cheese); toss. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Separate into bowls and top with about 1 tbs ricotta.
Linguine with Sausage, Greens, and Egg Pan Sauce:
* 12 oz fresh or 8 oz dried linguine
* 4 uncooked Italian sausage links, skins removed
* 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
* 4 egg yolks
* 1/2 cup whole milk, half and half, or light cream
* 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
* 2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
* 1/4 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 2 cups coarsely chopped mustard greens or turnip tops
* handful fresh parsley leaves
* 1/4 cup shredded parmigiano-reggiano
1) Bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil. Cooking linguine according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return to pot, cover to keep warm.
2) Meanwhile cut sausage into blunt edged small meatballs. In skillet over medium high heat cook until golden brown (about 5 minutes). In last minute of cooking add garlic. Set aside.
3) In medium bowl whisk together egg yolk, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Add to pot with pasta. Add sausage and greens. Toss together. Allow heat from pot to cook and thicken egg into silky sauce. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to loosen. Toss with parsley and remaining cheese
My biggest issue is just motivation and accountability for making sure I stay on top of things instead of letting them pile up for days.
I think we all have that problem. I would however like to direct you to a blog I think you might like. I love it, it helps me immensely.
^ This place is a great motivational tool.
I realized that I don’t spend nearly enough time on this blog.
So I’d like to hear some of your ideas.
What do you most want to see? What do you want to learn about?
Is it recipes? Cleaning tips and tricks? Serving guests? Anything else at all that falls into domestic activity?
Help me out guys.
Pour one cup vinegar (into a 2-cup measuring cup or bowl) then add one cup of hot water to that. Place measuring cup (or bowl) in the microwave, set your timer for approximately 10 minutes and turn it on.After 10ish minutes…CAREFULLY remove the cup with the hot liquid (use an oven mitt!) and wipe out the inside with a wet rag! Steam cleaned!